Tier 2 of the Points Based System allows skilled workers from non-EEA countries to come to the UK to work. However, you must have a job offer before you apply for your visa to come to the UK and you must meet certain other requirements, such as being able to support any accompanying family members.

Tier 2 is divided into separate categories as follows:
Tier 2 General – for foreign nationals who have an offer of employment in the UK in a role which cannot be filled by a British worker.

Intra Company Transfer – for employees of multinational companies who are being transferred from an overseas branch of the company to a UK branch, either on a long- or short-term basis. This category has 4 sub-categories which are: Long-term staff, Short-term staff, Graduate trainee and Skills Transfer.

Sportsperson – for elite sportspeople and coaches who are internationally established at the highest level, and will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport.

Minister of religion - for people who have been offered employment or posts or roles within their faith communities in the UK as ministers of religion, missionaries or members of religious orders.
Visa requirements:
Each category has different requirements which you must satisfy before you can work in the UK.

For each category in Tier 2, you will need to accrue a certain number of points in order to be granted the visa you want. The criteria you will need to satisfy differ between the 4 sub-categories. For example, you will need to have a higher salary if applying under Tier 2 ICT Long-Term than for Tier 2 ICT Short-term or Tier 2 General.
Generally, the requirements you will have to meet are as follows:

• You need an offer of employment from a licensed UK Sponsor and a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from that employer

• Your prospective salary will need to be above a certain threshold - over £24,300 for Tier 2 ICT Short-term, Skills Transfer and Graduate Trainee,
over £41,600 for Tier 2 ICT Long-term and over £20,500 for Tier 2 General.

• You must satisfy the maintenance requirement for yourself and any accompanying dependents.

• Depending on which category you apply under, you may need to prove your competency in the English Language to a certain level.

For further details and free assessment, please contact us.

Go Back